At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. This is a remote position that can sit within the PNC footprint, although it may not be available in all jurisdictions. Certain job responsibilities may require in-person, in office activities on a regular basis.
Strong Linux skills (RHEL 7,8)
Ability to write roles, inventories and playbooks
IBM App Connect Enterprise versions 11,12 (preferred)
ACE installations and upgrades
configure ACE properties and policies
ACE security identities
Application/MessageFlow development experience
Integration Cloud Pack (ICP)
- Provides expertise on platform engineering, while overseeing the team’s effort and meeting customer needs. Uses technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build and maintain technology solutions.
- Develops software components and hardware for complex projects; aligns these with business strategies and objectives.
- Provides expertise on best practices, standards, engineering approaches and complex technical resolutions for processes.
- Places emphasis on quality improvement efforts; ensures that deliverables are secure, scalable and reliable through estimation and correction.
- Communicates with customers and integrates their needs with development, to meet business objectives.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Application Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effectiveness Measurement – Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization’s industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
IT Industry: Trends & Directions – Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience.